Joyful Noise Nursery School & Daycare October Newsletter
Notes from the Director
Welcome to our Joyful Noise October Newsletter. Thank you for coming to Back to School Night. It was a pleasure meeting you all! I am thrilled the children were able to attend a field trip to Wightman’s Farm and our nursery/playgroup children were able to have festive activities. I am looking forward to hosting the Halloween parade on Monday. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween too! We have a lot of events coming up in November so please check out the announcement and reminders section.
We have an ink recycling program that runs all year. It makes cents to recycle your empty ink cartridges.
STEAM: During October the children learned about apples by listening to the book Apple Pie Tree and baking pies in the kitchen. Our next book was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, a book about letters climbing up a coconut tree so we played with letters and explored a real coconut by shaking it and guessing what was inside. We also went on a letter scavenger hunt. Next week we’ll celebrate Halloween with some games, spooky stories and haunted castles.
COMPUTER/ENRICHMENT: Please see Mrs. Carvalho’s newsletter emailed at the end of the month. If you did not receive it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIBLE STORY: Our October Bible stories focus on God and Jesus’s love for us and how we say thank you with prayer. The children had a great time visiting the Sanctuary in large groups, hearing a story and praying and singing together.
- 10/24 Halloween Safety ~ MP Police Officer
- 11/1 – 11/7 Halloween Candy Collection. Click Here.
- 11/1 – 12/5 Women’s battered shelter donations
- 11/10 – 11/11 ~No School~ Teacher’s Convention
- 11/23 Daycare closes at 3:00pm
- 11/24 – 11/25 No School ~ Thanksgiving break
- 12/6 Winter Celebration in the Sanctuary
- 12/20 Saint Jude’s Donation & School-wide PJ day
Announcements & Reminders
- Mark your calendars! Winter Celebration on 12/6, 6:00 daycare and 7:00 preschool
- Flu Vaccination paperwork is approaching: Form Click Here
- Thanksgiving Food drive info to come from PCMP
- It is getting cooler outside, please remember to dress your child appropriately to play outside. Also, please label everything.
Thank you for reading our Joyful Noise October Newsletter!
See the PDF version of our October Newsletter
Leave a Comment