Notes from the Director
I cannot believe we are approaching spring season! Time is flying by. We are offering before or aftercare if anyone is interested this or next school year, please reach out to Susan at email@example.com or call the office. Registration is still open if anyone has not registered for next school year.
We had a great time learning about dental health with Dr. Cory from Dickerson Dental Group.
We are opening our spring enrichment soon, be on the lookout for the email to sign up. This past rounds have up quickly! Summer registration and daycare summer enrollment is 3/1. I will be sending out an email shortly with the information.
The Church is looking for a part-time bookkeeper. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.
Katelyn Ihne is a licensed professional counselor who will be coming to our school on Monday, March 6th to talk about what feelings are and age-appropriate strategies to manage feelings. Katelyn specializes in working with kids, adolescents, and teens with mental health struggles. You can find more information here: Click Here.
STEAM: We learned about hibernation by sorting animals that sleep all winter vs. ones that don’t. We also played in our hibernation caves (under the table) with flashlights. We read the story The Snowy Day and graphed our favorite snow day activities: building a snowman, sledding, throwing snowballs, or drinking hot cocoa. For Valentine’s Day, we played with red play dough, counted hearts, and made valentines. Lately, we will work on Arctic animals: penguins and polar bears. We’ll be melting ice with droppers and creating igloos with sugar canes.
PREK COMPUTER/ENRICHMENT: Please see Mrs. Carvalho’s newsletter emailed at the end of the month for PreK. If you did not receive it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember we are still collecting any empty ink cartridges.
BIBLE STORY: We had a fun day in Bible when we learned about the tower of Babel then worked together to build all different kinds of towers/structures. We have continued learning about kindness – we even made a kindness chain of all the ways we can be kind. We are also talking about how God and Jesus love us unconditionally and how we should share that love with others. We will wrap up February with stories of The Good Samaritan and The Lost Sheep. The Lost Sheep is a favorite as we hunt for long sheep throughout the school.
- The Parent Group is running a March Madness Challenge -> Check it our: March Madness
- 2/27 – 3/3 Read Across America: Information Here!
- 3/10: NJ Open House – Please share with family and friends Flyer
- School Calendar~ Updated! Click Here
Announcements & Reminders
- Read Across America Week starts NEXT week. We will have a different theme each day, parents are welcome to sign up to come read in their child’s classroom with their child’s teacher and reading at home is celebrated at school by filling out book titles you have read. Information Here!
- Updated calendar with event dates and next year’s calendar is up on our website under “About Us:” www.joyfulnoisenj.org
See the full PDF version of our February Newsletter